Apologies for the delay in posting. I have been planning a post that includes some video footage, but I have been experiencing some technical difficulties. That is to say, I would like to post a video that is not upside down. Yes. That’s right. All the video footage is upside down. Don’t ask.
Anyway, Jay promises that he has found the solution, so look out for some exciting moving pictures in the near future!
In the meantime, I have been cooking up a storm. My friend Candace has been
nagging me requesting I cook her some lamb chops for some time now, and my mum has been asking for salad recipes that include chickpeas (that’s garbanzo beans for the Americans)! So, I put together a mediterranean feast this evening. Unfortunately, I did not really enjoy the Chickpea, Roasted Red Peppers and Caper Salad. It sounded and looked so delicious, but did not live up to expectations. So I won’t bother posting the recipe. However, the Babaganoush, Whole Wheat Panko and Parmesan Crusted Lamb Chops with Real (as opposed to American-style) Tabouli were yumtastic!
Recipe from StoneSoup
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Use a fork to prick the eggplant all over to prevent explosions! Then bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow eggplants to cool (duh!). Then slice them and half, and scoop out the fleshy yumminess into a bowl.
- Coarsely chop the eggplant until it resembles a chunky puree, then mix in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
Serving size: 3 tbsp = 2 WW Points
WHOLE WHEAT PANKO & PARMESAN CRUSTED LAMB CHOPS
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse-ground pepper
- 3/4 cup whole wheat panko crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 lamb rib chops (each about 3/4 in. thick, 2 lb. total)
- olive oil spray
- In a shallow bowl, mix vinegar, mustard, garlic, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, stir together panko, cheese, and mint.
- Trim excess fat from lamb and discard. Rinse chops and pat dry. One at a time, turn chops in vinegar mixture to coat well; lift out and press firmly in panko mixture, turning to coat all sides. Place chops slightly apart in a lightly oiled baking pan (I just gave it a quick mist with the olive oil spray); mist top of lamb chops evenly with olive oil.
- Bake in a 500° regular or convection oven until coating is browned and meat is medium-rare (pink) in center of thickest part (cut to test), 10 to 14 minutes, turning once after 5 minutes.
Serves 4: 7 WW Points per serving